Re: Need Some Help Installing OpenSSL

From: Jeff Miller <jeffopensrs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:29:05 -0500

Just after I sent that last email this error came up when running the last
step (./configure --with-ssl=$HOME):

checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking whether to enable debug options... no
checking whether to enable ipv6... no
checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for connect... no
checking for connect in -lsocket... yes
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for dlclose... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking non-blocking sockets style... O_NONBLOCK
checking for "/dev/urandom"... no
checking if Kerberos4 support is requested... no
checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... no
checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not found where
specified!
venus:/curl/curl-7.9.1 >

I installed OpenSSL in the following directory:

/home/USERID/modules/openssl-0.9.6b

I also tried this:

./configure --with-ssl=/home/USERID/modules/openssl-0.9.6b

and the same thing came up.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Jeff