Re: Need Some Help Installing OpenSSL

From: Jeff Miller <jeffopensrs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:34:39 -0500

>Find the directory in which you have the two openssl libs, 'SOMETHING/lib'.
>There should also be a 'SOMETHING/include'.

I couldn't find any directories named 'lib' so apparantly OpenSSL isn't
being installed when running 'make install'. I have no idea why this is
happening because I've compiled lots of other modules as well as cURL and
didn't have any problems.

I searched my web host's forums and saw somebody else was trying to install
OpenSSL last month and ran into problems:

I tried to install OpenSSL in my directories, but having a lot of problems.
I pass the --openssldir=/mydir/openssl to ./config so that openssl will be
installed in a different directory than the default. But after I did 'make'
and 'make install', nothing was installed! I tried several variations of the
--openssldir path, but non worked. Just wondering if anyone encountered this
problem before.

What a strange problem.

I guess I won't be able to use cURL with SSL. :-(

Jeff