RE: SFTP - How to delete a file

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 01:11:21 +0200

Hi Mathew,
> Most open source developers are not paid. There is no point in taking
> your frustrations over money, on to me. If I had the financial
> resources, then I wouldn't have subjected myself to your insults and
> instead I would have bought libraries that would help my application. I
> have a target deadline to meet, and there is no point in continuing this
> discussion/thread with you. Anyway, thanks for your help. A little less
> arrogance from your part would not hurt, and might make this world a
> better place to live for everyone.
that are some harsh words here which are inappropiate against the support Dan and we all do here for you!
Instead I have the fealing that you are taking your frustration about not fullfilling your deadline on to us here, and that's not right. Its not our all fault here that libcurl and libssh2 lack of good Win32 coders who are willing to contribute to the project. We do our best here to make things working on all platforms, but you cant expect that we all jump now onto the Win32 train just to fit for your deadline.
Sure, I did some testing months ago, I introduced MingW32 support in libssh2 -- but Win32 is not my mainly used platform at all! I just wanted to compare with Win32 and Linux when I had some probs on NetWare, and so I just added some support in the makefiles to build with libssh2.
Moreover libssh2 support is relatively new to libcurl, and since we introduced it there was not _one_ Win32 developer who did closely follow up with libcurl's integration.
Since we are all not paid as 'most open source developers' we are not forced to look into Win32 platform, instead everyone does whatever he wants to look at.
Its anyway difficult enough to think for so many platforms we want to support when we do a commit to introduce something new, fix, etc.; and nobody of us can test each platform; instead everyone tests on his favorite platform, and we report here what goes wrong for the one or other platform.
If you want to get further support from us here you should consider to be some more kindly;
and if you would start on being more precise with what doesnt work, and test the things we ask you for, there's no reason why we shouldnt trust your words (as you mentioned in other mail).
F.e. I also asked you to test with curl commandline (my reply from 21.08 'RE: Why curleasy do nothing for SFTP').

Guen.