Re: Using curl for FTP downloads with a proxy. Turning of HTML markup ondirectory listings

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 01:26:57 +0200

Hi Tom,
> I am trying to use curl to FTP files across an HTTP (Squid)
> proxy. Getting files is just fine (e.g. ftp://ftp.gnu.org/welcome.msg
> returns a clear-text file) . But getting directory listings returns data
> marked up with HTML instead of the usual FTP listing. (e.g.
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/) returns data like this:
I've just tested this, and I get a ftp directory back as expected;
I used IpCop which uses squid as proxy, but switched to transparent proxy mode;
however if I specify to use the proxy:port then I see same html output as you....
perhaps you should try to set your squid to this transparent mode..., but I dont know how to configure that manually, perhaps Google is your friend for that....

Guen.