7.10.4-pre4 and ssl

From: Avery Fay <avery_fay_at_symantec.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:27:34 -0500

I just tried compiling 7.10.4-pre4 on Red Hat 8.1 (the 3rd beta) and I'm
having problems. It seems that Session structure (can't remember exact
name) is not getting the engine member compiled in so that the build
fails. I looked at the header file urldata.h and the engine member is
#ifdef with USE_SSLEAY so I assume that that does not get set when using
openssl. Is this correct? I tried changing the #ifdef to
HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H which in my mind would make more sense, but now it
complains that ENGINE is not defined... maybe my ssl/engine.h is bad?

I've tried this with openssl-0.9.7 which comes with phoebe (Red Hat beta)
as well as the latest rawhide packages (openssl-0.9.7a). Neither work.

Avery Fay

Symantec Corporation
Office:
(781) 530-2489