Re: 7.10.4-pre4 and ssl

From: Avery Fay <avery_fay_at_symantec.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:04:38 -0500

I ran the command line manually with the -E option to gcc to stop after
the preprocessor. It looks like USE_SSLEAY is not being defined because I
don't get any of the openssl header files (nor the old ssleay header
files). Where would this be defined? Is there something equivalent to a
config.h or should it be on the command line?

Avery Fay

Symantec Corporation
Office:
(781) 530-2489
eMail:
avery_fay_at_symantec.com

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Sent by: curl-library-admin_at_lists.sourceforge.net
03/18/2003 04:37 AM
Please respond to curl-library

        cc:
        Subject: Re: 7.10.4-pre4 and ssl

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Avery Fay wrote:

> Got the latest cvs today and the output starting with buildconf is
> attached.

[quote from the attachment]

> checking for ENGINE_init... yes
> checking openssl/engine.h usability... yes
> checking openssl/engine.h presence... yes
> checking for openssl/engine.h... yes

[skipping a bit]

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../lib -I../lib -g -O2 -c file.c -MT
> file.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/file.TPlo -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/file.lo
> In file included from file.c:81:
> urldata.h:782: parse error before "ENGINE"
> urldata.h:782: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
> file.c: In function `Curl_file':
> file.c:147: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm puzzled.

configure clearly detects the engine functions and engine headers, yet the
compiler doesn't find the ENGINE type as used in the urldata.h file (which
also includes the openssl/engine.h header).

Does the above command line really make the compiler find the correct
openssl
headers?