Re: Segfault Error!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:33:48 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Nisan Bloch wrote:

> I cannot make it happen, but within a few 100 requests I get the segfault,
> allways in the same place.

Are they all using different host names in the URLs?

It is obviously a crash in the pruning code that removes cashed DNS entries.
You have the timeout set to 0, which should make one entry to remove on every
call, since the previous one should be pruned then.

Do you think you could check out what the DNS cache contains at the moment it
crashes? If you increast the DNS timeout, does the problem rate change?

I know it is painful to work like this, but as I can't repeat this myself I
can only sit here and suggest things...