Re: response data received from server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:18:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Jerry G. Chiuan wrote:

> Is it possible that libcurl doesn't delete the buffer, but rather let user
> application deletes the buffer after it doesn't need it anymore

No. I have an idea of how to reduce one copy from our callback system[*] but
that's just an idea, far from being implemented.

> By doing that, application can reduce one less copy, especially my data is
> huge

Keeping huge data in memory is stupid, libcurl will never do that. In most
applications and systems, the extra copy is not adding much to the general
speed of the transfer, as the network itself is almost always the bottleneck.

[*] = http://curl.haxx.se/dev/no_copy_callbacks.txt