Initial SSL connection problem with libcurl

From: Nicholas Parsons <napt256_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I recently did a fresh install of SuSE 8.2 linux on my pc. SuSE
ships with the curl 7.10.2-35 package. This package is currently
installed. I am having a problem connecting to a site at port 443 (SSL) with my old program when I linked it with this latest version of libcurl. My program worked fine when I linked it with the old version
of libcurl (-lcurl).

Below is the error message I get while trying to connect:
getaddrinfo(3) failed for x.x.com:443
Closing connection #0

Does anyone know if this is a bug with the latest version of
libcurl? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance,
~~Nick