Re: Initial SSL connection problem with libcurl

From: Nicholas Parsons <napt256_at_excite.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 09:09:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

>>I generally use --prefix to install new versions of curl under >>/usr/local/curl-x.x.x and once I'm happy that it still does what I >>expect, I move my /usr/local/curl symbolic link to point to the >>latest. That way I can keep multiple earlier versions around just
>>in case. This allows you to almost totally ignore the
>>distro-supplied version, provided that /usr/local/curl is in your
>>path *before* whatever directory the supplied one lives in.

True and I tried something similiar to this. I created a /appl/curl
directory and used --prefix to throw the results in there.
This new version still does not work though and I still received
the same error when running my program. I read the SuSE 8.2
Administration manual and they said that the ipv6 module is not loaded
into the kernel at boot time. In the manual it says that I have to
explicitly enter
in the command "modprobe ipv6", so I don't think ipv6 is the
problem here. I compiled the curl tarball using gcc 3.3 and
glibc 2.3.26. Perhaps there is a issue with glibc.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks,
~~Nick