Question with binary transferts

From: Giltay Frédéric <Frederic.Giltay_at_atosorigin.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:47:19 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list. I just began using curl (v 652). I tried to
upload on a ftp server with this command line but the upload appears to be
in ascii mode. How can I force the binary mode?
And same thing with download from a ftp server. I use the fllowing command:
curl652 -u l:p -c -o local_file ftp://DISTANT_server_file
When I do this, is the transfert in binary mode? If not, how to tranfer a
file in binary mode?

And another thing, the files I've already downloaded are very big and I'd
like to try not to download them again. Is there a way to convert the file
to appear the samed way as if I'd used the binary transfer mode?

Thanks
Fred