Re: Question with binary transferts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:34:03 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Giltay Frédéric wrote:

> I'm new to this mailing list.

Welcome!

> I just began using curl (v 652).

... that version is now more than a year old. Lots of improvements have been
made since that was released...

> I tried to upload on a ftp server with this command line but the upload
> appears to be in ascii mode. How can I force the binary mode?

Binary mode should be default. There's no way to enable binary, you can only
enabled ASCII!

Does it really issue 'TYPE A' to the server? Can you show us a trace from the
ftp session? (with -v)

Please try this with a much more recent version. It is likely to work better
then.

> And another thing, the files I've already downloaded are very big and I'd
> like to try not to download them again. Is there a way to convert the
> file to appear the samed way as if I'd used the binary transfer mode?

That is entirely depending on what kind of conversion that took place. Often,
that post-transfer conversion is not possible.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/