libcurl 7.29.0 --with-darwinssl built on OXS 10.8 to run on 10.6

From: Arun Victor <AVictor_at_flexerasoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 18:04:25 +0000

Hello,

I am building libcurl 7.29.0 -with-darwinssl on Mountain Lion (10.8). No issues there. However, when I take the resulting libcurl.a and try to link to it from my project on an older Mac OSX (10.6), there are several symbols that the linker is unable to resolve, namely -

- SSLSetProtocolVersionMin

- SSLCreateContext

- SecCertificateCopyLongDescription

- SSLSetProtocolVersionMax

This is what I have tried to resolve the issue, with no success so far -

1. Weak-linked the Security framework in my project when I am linking in libcurl.a

2. Re-built libcurl with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 (as indicated in curl_darwinssl.c)

Neither of these attempts has fixed the linker issue. Could you please offer any suggestions as to what might be going on here? I saw this post relating to an issue similar to mine here http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-12/0217.html - and also saw that this patch has been included in 7.29.0 (under Bugfixes). Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain proprietary, confidential, or trade secret information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.