Re: libcurl 7.29.0 --with-darwinssl built on OXS 10.8 to run on 10.6

From: Clemens Gruber <clemens.gruber_at_pqgruber.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:51:29 +0200

On 30.07.2013, at 20:04, Arun Victor <AVictor_at_flexerasoftware.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am building libcurl 7.29.0 –with-darwinssl on Mountain Lion (10.8). No issues there. However, when I take the resulting libcurl.a and try to link to it from my project on an older Mac OSX (10.6), there are several symbols that the linker is unable to resolve, namely –
>
> - SSLSetProtocolVersionMin
> - SSLCreateContext
> - SecCertificateCopyLongDescription
> - SSLSetProtocolVersionMax

I suppose those functions were not yet present in the DarwinSSL libraries on 10.6, you have to build it both on 10.6 and on 10.8, and don't mix those files. I think the deployment target only affects the application itself, but it cannot simulate older interfaces from shared libraries to which you have linked. I'd recommend compiling it on the target machine, if possible.

What you could try though, is the other direction: Try building on 10.6. Maybe Apple only added functions and did not change anything, then you could use the library linked to the 10.6 DarwinSSL on 10.8 too.

Best regards,
Clemens