Re: libcurl 7.29.0 --with-darwinssl built on OXS 10.8 to run on 10.6

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:20:02 -0600

(please don't top-post)

On Jul 30, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Arun Victor <AVictor_at_flexerasoftware.com> wrote:

> Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those symbols (now along with _ SecTrustEvaluateAsync) are still causing linker issues.

I know it works, since I just tried building a static build of the latest code of the curl tool in 10.8 with a deployment target of 10.6, and it worked without any problems when I ran it in 10.6 and tried to access a TLS site.

> One thing I should point is that I'm using a modified version of this script - http://curl.haxx.se/cvssource/MacOSX-Framework

Try just building a static library instead using the Autoconf script. That's what we do, and we haven't had any linker problems with older cats. You can then either use Apple's libcurl headers, or copy the headers into the project manually.

Also, try building the latest code if you aren't already, since I did change around the way the code figures out the minimum and maximum API levels in the trunk.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>