Re: Questions on building libcurl for Android

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 04:46:41 +0200

Hi Ram,
Am 29.08.2012 03:12, schrieb Guenter:
> Anyway, if I find some mins for this dureing next days I will try to
> kick on a build with cygwin to see how far this goes ...
ok, just did a quick build of recent release 7.27.0 in the background on
my W2K3 server with an older Cygwin installation, and it worked like a
charm! See the buildlog here:
http://svwe10.itex.at/curl/buildlogs/curl_android_cygwin.txt
also the resulting curl binary does work on an Android device - see the
output at the end of the buildlog ...

I did setup this some time ago already, so I didnt remember how I did
integrate the standalone toolchain into Cygwin - so here's the way I did
it (assuming that your Cygwin installation is on the C root = C:\Cygwin):
- create a new empty folder C:\Cygwin\arm-linux-androideabi

- edit C:\Cygwin\etc\fstab and add a line like:
c:/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3 /arm-linux-androideabi ntfs
binary,posix=0,user 0 0

- edit C:\Cygwin\etc\bash.bashrc and add:
# Add arm-linux-androideabi to path
if [ -d "/arm-linux-androideabi/bin" ]; then
   export PATH="/arm-linux-androideabi/bin:$PATH"
fi

- finally close the shell window and reopen so that the changes take
place; then from shell prompt try again:
$ arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -v
to make sure it works and there's no typo somewhere

as you can see from my buildlog I used exactly same configure call as
what I suggested to you previously.

Maybe tomorrow I will test same with MSYS on Win7 if my time permits
(have no Cygwin on 7)

Gün.