[OT] recording and replaying HTTP requests

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:04:11 -0500

This is a little off topic and I hope people won't mind. Does anyone
know of a tool for recording HTTP traffic and playing it back? Yes, I've
tried to Google - the problem is that the word "HTTP" matches every URL
in the world, so it's quite hard to express in a query what I want to
record!

The specific use case is this: there's a custom client, written with
libcurl, which talks to a custom server. I want to enable some people
around the world to work on the server. Unfortunately the client setup
is complex and depends on local state which is very hard to reproduce.
Thus it would be much more convenient to capture some representative
request-response cycles locally and make the "recordings" available to
people working on the server side.

Thanks in advance,
MB