can you throw exceptions from curl callbacks

From: Peter Walker <Peter.Walker_at_Ticketmaster.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:38:32 -0000

I have written a small library, using libcurl, to be used by my clinet application.

I just noticed that I am generating errors in the curl easy callbacks (the write header callback) due to inappropriate headers from a webservice I am communicating with. The error detection which is working, writes an error to a log and also throws an exception yet the application is not catching these errors.

Instead an ABORT signal is being raised.

Is this the norm, meaning i cannot use exceptions in the callback functions?

If so, how do I indicate this error back to the calling application.

Peter Walker
Senior Developer

Ticketmaster UK Ltd.
48 Leicester Square
London WC2H 7LR

T: +44 (0) 20 7344 4000
F: +44 (0) 20 7915 0411
E:peter.walker_at_ticketmaster.co.uk
E:pep_at_ticketweb.co.uk

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is private and confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. It is for the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the author by replying to it and then destroy it. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail or any attachment. Ticketmaster UK Limited Registered in England No. 2662632. Registered Office, 48 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LR