Re: Raw protocol? Would like to use curl for ssh ProxyCommand

From: Nico Williams <nico_at_cryptonector.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 01:25:35 -0500

Also, I found curl_easy_recv() and curl_easy_send(), and
docs/examples/sendrecv.c(), which is very similar to the program I'm
trying (except that it uses curl_easy_send/recv()).

The problem is that curl_easy_perform() wants to always perform an
HTTP GET even though CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY is set.

I *think* there is a bug indeed, and the bug is partly here:

1229 case CURLM_STATE_DO:
1230 if(data->set.connect_only) {
1231 /* keep connection open for application to use the socket */
1232 easy->easy_conn->bits.close = FALSE;
1233 multistate(easy, CURLM_STATE_DONE);
1234 easy->result = CURLE_OK;
1235 result = CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM;
1236 }

This causes us to Curl_done() and so on.

Comments?

Nico