Re: Raw protocol? Would like to use curl for ssh ProxyCommand

From: Nico Williams <nico_at_cryptonector.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 00:32:53 -0500

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Nico Williams <nico_at_cryptonector.com> wrote:
> (I'm using curl 7.22.0, but I've been browsing the master branch and I
> see nothing new about this.)

I've also tried master.

The program I'm trying to use sets all of

CURLOPT_URL
CURLOPT_PROXY
CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD
CURLOPT_USERAGENT
CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL
CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY
CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH
CURLOPT_VERBOSE

then we call curl_easy_perform(), hoping to
curl_easy_getinfo(CURLINFO_LASTSOCKET) so we can select on it. This
is probably the wrong thing to do, if nothing else because if I were
using TLS to secure the connection to the proxy I'd want more than the
socket...

I suspect the right thing to do is to add a protocol handler for "raw".

The program I'm describing seems to run the CONNECT just fine (I see
all the proxy auth, I see the CONENECT succeed) then it dies because
it reaches state CURLM_STATE_DONE and then Curl_http_done() gets
called.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Surely others have needed a
pure CONNECT tunnel... If I'm barking up the wrong tree, let me know
please!

Nico