Re: Raw protocol? Would like to use curl for ssh ProxyCommand

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 08:29:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 Jun 2013, Nico Williams wrote:

> I've tried "curl ... --proxy-negotiate --proxytunnel --proto =file
> foohost:22" and variations, but it always fails with
>
> curl: (1) Protocol http not supported or disabled in libcurl

You said only the 'file' protocol should be allowed (with --proto) so of
course HTTP won't work! (which is what is implied since you didn't specify
protocol un the URL)

> I've tried a program I found, curltunnel, from 2007, which too fails,
> because it too wants to speak HTTP to the target host. In particular I
> don't see how to stop libcurl from wanting to speak *a protocol* other than
> "raw".

Well, you're not using libcurl up there. You're using curl and it has no way
to only connect. curltunnel was a small attempt at something that never got
anywhere afair, I don't believe there is any promise anywhere of that being
functional.