dependency issue with libcurl.so.3 vs libcurl.so.4

From: Gopikrishnan Balasubramanian -X (gopbalas - HCL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED at Cisco) <gopbalas_at_cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 15:17:46 +0000

Hello,

I am currently migrating our software from RHEL 5.1 to RHEL 6.4. Hence I am using the curl package version curl-7.19.7-35.el6.x86_64.rpm which provides libcurl.so.4.

But my software throws a dependency of curl library libcurl.so.3. I expect that it should refer the higher version of library (ie., libcurl.so.4 instead of libcurl.so.3).

Could anyone confirm is it a bug with curl. If so, do we have a fix for it?

Thanks
-Gopi