Re: Metalink support patch for curl

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 19:43:27 +0200

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I updated curl man page to document that --include will be ignored
> when used with --metalink and also about FILE protocol and local
> Metalink file in man page.
> Patch attached.

Thanks, pushed now.

>> While generating test case 2012 (XML file without hash) I've realized
>> that most likely it would be convenient to further standardise
>> Metalink messages to further help automatic parsing of these.
>>
>> I have not fully thought about what a proper format would be, nor all
>> required uses, I'll try to suggest something next week, unless someone
>> beats me at it.
>>
>> Meanwhile I'm pushing 2012 disabled.
>>

> Agreed that some messages are helpful to notify user that hash check
> is not done. I'll wait for your suggestions.

Next 12 lines, or something similar could represent the format of
--metalink option messages sent to stderr:

Metalink: parsing (URI) metalink/XML...
Metalink: parsing (URI) metalink/HTTP...
Metalink: parsing (URI) FAILED (extra info)
Metalink: parsing (URI) OK

Metalink: fetching (filename) from (resource)...
Metalink: fetching (filename) from (resource) FAILED (extra info)
Metalink: fetching (filename) from (resource) OK

Metalink: validating (filename)...
Metalink: validating (filename) FAILED (extra info)
Metalink: validating (filename) OK

Where parenthesis, or any other pair of opening and closing barces,
are intended to be shown, and enclosed text depends on URI, filename,
resource, etc being processed.

While looking into this I've noticed something related with file
placement. Opening new thread for that.

Thanks,

--
-=[Yang]=-