Metalink file placement

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 19:59:00 +0200

Hi friends,

Currently --metalink option uses path and file name specified by
metalink/XML file which could trigger some unintended consequences. I
believe that no matter which path is provided along with the file name
in the metalink XML file the path should be stripped and file placed
in current subdirectory. Something similar to what we already do with
--remote-name option.

I've not verified if metalink/HTTP has same issue or is already immune
to the path issue.

Agreement on fixing this, or is there some use case I have over looked?

--
-=[Yang]=-