Re: Metalink file placement

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:01:25 +0200

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe that no matter which path is provided along with the file
> name in the metalink XML file the path should be stripped and file
> placed in current subdirectory. Something similar to what we already
> do with --remote-name option.

Thinking a bit more over what I expressed above in quoted text, I'm
changing my opinion on this matter to something more flexible, It
would be better to give control to curl user and let him choose which
behavior prefers at curl execution time.

So first of all disregard my previous message on this matter, and let
me express myself in a different way...

Given that metalink internal file name is allowed to specify path and
file name of what is going to be written locally. User would have
greatest flexibility if some curl options would allow the following
uses:

1) Allow user to remove path part.
2) Allow user to fully override path and name parts.
3) Allow user to specify a path part to prefix to metalink path part.

--
-=[Yang]=-