Re: Storing the URL in extended attributes of the downloaded file

From: Stefan Tomanek <stefan.tomanek_at_wertarbyte.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:04:54 +0200

Dies schrieb Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se):

> o The error output should be done with warnf() and not straight fprintf to
> allow users to silence it (it requires the prototype to be modified)

I just noticed that there are quite a few fprintf calls in the direct vicinity
of my xattr call - is there a guideline when to use warnf and when to tackle stderr
directly?
e.g. main.c, ~ line 5634

fprintf(config->errors, "%s%s",
        CURL_CA_CERT_ERRORMSG1,
        CURL_CA_CERT_ERRORMSG2 );

res = CURLE_WRITE_ERROR;
fprintf(config->errors, "(%d) Failed writing body\n", res);