Re: Storing the URL in extended attributes of the downloaded file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:19:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Stefan Tomanek wrote:

> I just noticed that there are quite a few fprintf calls in the direct
> vicinity of my xattr call - is there a guideline when to use warnf and when
> to tackle stderr directly?

Not really, no. The fprintf() ones of course cannot be silenced with -s, which
the warnf()s can. I think the divider might be the seriousness of the output.
Like if it can be considered a warning (warnf) or an actual error (fprintf).

In the xattr case I can see how it might turn annoying if you for example use
the same script on different file systems so that it sometimes says the error
and sometimes not.