Re: Storing the URL in extended attributes of the downloaded file

From: Stefan Tomanek <stefan.tomanek_at_wertarbyte.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:58:55 +0200

Dies schrieb Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se):

> Thanks! A couple of questions and nits about it:
>
> o it can't assume that xattr functionality and header file is present, it
> needs to check for them in the configure script

Oh sure, I just wanted to keep meddling with the source tree to a minimum for
now and leave that to the experts for now, I'm not that familiar with automake etc.

> o the code should be done as "config->xattr_url = toggle;" so that it
> automatically supports --no-xattr-url as well

Ah, I see. Trivial fix :)

> o The error output should be done with warnf() and not straight fprintf to
> allow users to silence it (it requires the prototype to be modified)

OK, I see. I'll modify the files to pass the necessary params around.

> o I never use extended attributes myself. Is 'user.curl.origin' something
> everyone is likely to be happy with or should we allow it to be changable?

Making it configurable might be nice, although for now it should be ok.

Thanks for you feedback :-)