HTTPS POST with Reply

From: Lamar, Dave <dlamar_at_gottschalks.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:15:24 -0700

I am totally new to cURL having just downloaded it.
I have a scenario where I need to use HTTPS POST to submit a request to
a url and receive a reply.

It is a tri monthly job to be run that requests a new password.

# /usr/local/bin/curl -d
"userid=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXX&command=requestnewpassword"
https://etc/etc

I ran the following from our HP-UX 11.i platform that appeared to work
fine but did not return the new password.

I say it worked fine because I get invalid username/passowrd when I
attempt to login manually using the old password.

What do I need to code to receive the reply?

Thanks for any input

-dl