Re: problem with HTTPS post of file: "Expectation failed"

From: Chris Dawson <xrdawson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:43:55 -0800

I'm sorry if I am being dense, but when I run with --trace-ascii, I see
this:

0095: Accept: */*
00a2: Cookie: _session_id=9d7d245d2f5103092266f026e870ba2b
00d8: Content-Length: 137114
00f0: Expect: 100-continue
0106: Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=--------------------
0146: --------edadd7db6abb
015c:
<= Recv header, 33 bytes (0x21)

Am I wrong in thinking that it is truncating the entire message sent to the
server? Obviously this would be useful because I am sending a large file
and don't really care to see 2 MB of base64 encoded characters, but I would
prefer to see at least the first few hundred to verify that my message is
proper. I am using this command:

curl -b jar.txt -c jar.txt --trace-ascii trace.txt -k -F
"episode[title]=Upload" -F "episode[description]=uploaded description" -F
"episode_mp3_file=@small.mp3" -F "episode[title]=Upload"
https://podasp.com/episode/create

So I would expect to see something like:

Upload

But, I don't see anything past the boundary marker. Am I misunderstanding
the output from trace, or is trace indicating that I am not providing the
proper switches to curl to add those items to the form submission?

Thanks,
Chris