Re: problem with HTTPS post of file: "Expectation failed"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:32:56 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Chris Dawson wrote:

> I've noticed from the trace output that there is a header called "Expect:
> 100-continue" Does this sound like something that could be causing the
> server to respond with "Expectation failed?" I don't see anything on the
> curl man page to turn this on or off; can anyone explain what this is used
> for?

You can turn off all(*) headers with -H, including that one. It is used to
basically tell the server we support 100-continue headers fine.

> And, is there a way to get more of the output of the multipart form post?

--trace and --trace-ascii give you the lot.

(*) = it is not recommended to turn off random headers without you knowing
       what you're doing _and_ I've been told that there is a bug if you try
       to remove Content-Length: from a POST request (which no sane person
       would do anyway...)