Re: problem with HTTPS post of file: "Expectation failed"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:24:14 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Chris Dawson wrote:

> I'm sorry if I am being dense, but when I run with --trace-ascii, I see
> this:
>
> 0095: Accept: */*
> 00a2: Cookie: _session_id=9d7d245d2f5103092266f026e870ba2b
> 00d8: Content-Length: 137114
> 00f0: Expect: 100-continue
> 0106: Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=--------------------
> 0146: --------edadd7db6abb
> 015c:
> <= Recv header, 33 bytes (0x21)

Does it really stop there? That's the first few headers of the formpost
request curl sends.

> Am I wrong in thinking that it is truncating the entire message sent to the
> server?

--trace doesn't truncate anything. It shows the lot.

> Obviously this would be useful because I am sending a large file and don't
> really care to see 2 MB of base64 encoded characters, but I would prefer to
> see at least the first few hundred to verify that my message is proper.

Then you need to patch the code, as curl doesn't offer any such way.

> But, I don't see anything past the boundary marker.

Then there's something really wrong.

> Am I misunderstanding the output from trace, or is trace indicating that I
> am not providing the proper switches to curl to add those items to the form
> submission?

I don't know why it would stop there. If there was a lack of switches or
whatever, curl is supposed to tell exactly that and not just abort a request
in the middle.

Did you ever mention what curl version you're using?