Re: Uploading Files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:57:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Nate wrote:

> What I am trying to do is upload files from a multipart form to server B,
> but have it appear that the all the uploading is taking place on server A.
>
> So server A would have a curl function setup at
> http://www.serverA.com/curl_upload.php
>
> Which displays the real_upload.php page on server B
> http://www.serverB.com/real_upload.php
>
> So that when the user starts their upload to server B it appears that they
> are on server A still. However, the data is then uploaded to server B only
> and not temporarily to server A.

That can only be done if server A somehow relays the traffic from the client
=> A and further on to => B.

> Is this even possible or am I barking up the wrong tree.

curl cannot fool B to believe the traffic comes from A, no.

> I noticed curl has upload options, but I will be uploading files as large as
> 200 MB

You can upload _any_ amount with curl. At least up to 64 bit file sizes, but I
haven't yet heard of anyone with files bigger than that! ;-)

> quite frankly the docs on using curl to upload made absolutely no sense to
> me being a novice.

I appreicate constructive ideas on how to phrase the docs to make it make more
sense (to everyone).