Big problems with EPSV

From: Eric VERGNAUD <eric.vergnaud_at_jlynx.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:16:32 +0200

Hi,

I've always encountered big problems with EPSV so I simply took the habit of
disabling it.

Now one of my users needs to connect to a server which supports EPSV but not
PASV.

The initial connection on port 21 works fine. Then curl sends an EPSV
command. The reply is:

229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||82|)

The subsequent connection on port 82 ALWAYS fails.

When connecting from IE, the connection works fine, so my guess is that the
secondary socket requires specific settings in order to succeed.

Any clue ?
Eric VERGNAUD - JLynx Software
Cutting-edge technologies and
services for software companies