Re: Big problems with EPSV

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:06:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Eric VERGNAUD wrote:

> The initial connection on port 21 works fine. Then curl sends an EPSV
> command. The reply is:
>
> 229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||82|)
>
> The subsequent connection on port 82 ALWAYS fails.

That sounds like the server is behind a firewall or something. The server
responds what port number is awaits the connect on.

> When connecting from IE, the connection works fine

And what command sequence does IE send in this case?

> so my guess is that the secondary socket requires specific settings in order
> to succeed.

Without a comparison with what commands the suceeding IE case uses I find it
futile to blindly guess what the reason(s) might be.