Re: CURL and content-length and connection-close

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:07:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Ingo Fischer wrote:

> I have a problem connection CURL to a special Server. This server sends the
> answer completely, but don't closes the connection. The Server send a

That is standard and normal behavior by HTTP 1.1 servers. It isn't special at
all.

> After this the answer is completely received, but the server don't sends any
> additional data. The Server needs around 30 more seconds to close the
> connection and curl will wait these 30 Seconds.

If curl does that, it is a bug. In curl or in the server end.

> Is there a way to force CURL to see the content-length and see that all
> awaited data have received and close the connection from his side ?

That's what curl does by default.

What curl version on what operating system is this? Have you tried the latest
version? Can you show us a command line that fails? Can you show us a trace
output from a failing "session" ?

> it would be great if you could answer me in private (apollon_at_schlund.de)
> too because I'm not on the list actually.

Just make sure you keep follow-ups on the mailinglist (you'll be tortured by
reply-mails saying your post is on hold until an admin has acknowledged it).