Re: Segmentaion Faults!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:12:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, jna wrote:

> Help! I have installed all versions of curl 10.2 and lower on my slackware
> 2.2.19 system.

I suppose you're talking about curl 7.10.2 and later? I know we've done quite
a few curl versions, but we're still far away from a version 10... :-)

> I have tried all those version because none of them work properly.
> Everything compiles and installs just fine, but when I issue a simple
> command such as curl http://www.google.com I get a seg fault.

Then please read the docs/BUGS file and provide us a stack trace. Perhaps
you've stepped in a bug that we haven't previously heard of so that it remains
unfixed?

> Now if I use curl http://216.239.39.99 it works just fine.

That makes it sound as if there's a problem in the name lookup code. I think
it will help a lot if you provide that stack trace on 7.10.7...

> I am trying to use a perl wrapper for linkpoint api that needs curl 10.2 or
> lower

10.2 "or lower" ? Are you sure they talk about curl versions? It sounds more
like a Mac OS X version. And if they say "or lower" it sounds as if later
versions don't work. It sure makes me wonder why.