Re: Segmentaion Faults!

From: jna <jna_at_tcpbbs.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:18:19 -0500

> I suppose you're talking about curl 7.10.2 and later? I know we've done
quite
> a few curl versions, but we're still far away from a version 10... :-)

curl-7.10.2 yes sorry :)

> > I have tried all those version because none of them work properly.
> > Everything compiles and installs just fine, but when I issue a simple
> > command such as curl http://www.google.com I get a seg fault.
>
> Then please read the docs/BUGS file and provide us a stack trace. Perhaps
> you've stepped in a bug that we haven't previously heard of so that it
remains
> unfixed?

Well I don;t get a 'core' file? if I type at the command prompt
http://www.google.com then it just stops and next line say segmentation
fault. When I look I do not find a 'core' file?

> > Now if I use curl http://216.239.39.99 it works just fine.
>
> That makes it sound as if there's a problem in the name lookup code. I
think
> it will help a lot if you provide that stack trace on 7.10.7...
>
> > I am trying to use a perl wrapper for linkpoint api that needs curl 10.2
or
> > lower
>
> 10.2 "or lower" ? Are you sure they talk about curl versions? It sounds
more
> like a Mac OS X version. And if they say "or lower" it sounds as if later
> versions don't work. It sure makes me wonder why.

Yeah, it says:

To use the perl wrapper, you will need curlversion 10.2 or lower. Do NOT use
version 10.4 or higher! Also please make sure you have a curl version with
ssl.

Thats what they say. Please tell me how to get that core file out and I will
run gdb on it and send you the stack trace. Thanks,
John