Re: compile problem

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:58:51 -0500

This isn't just a curl problem. I had a similar failure when trying to
install php on a Gentoo Linux system. ./configure broke with a
completely stupid message (I forget what, exactly) and when I looked in
the config.log file I found that it had failed to compile a test
program. The compile failure was due to a linkage problem with Java,
even though Blackdown Java was apparently properly installed. I
switched to Sun Java and the problem went away...

Your milage will almost certainly vary, but the config.log file is the
place to start.

Ralph Mitchell