Re: Building curl-7.10.6-pre4 under win32 VC6

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:01:19 +0400

Hi Daniel,
At 10:29 22-07-2003 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > Is zlib a requirement to build cURL? That breaks the command line build if
> > the path to the zlib lib and include is not specified.
>
>zlib is not a requirement, but it is a recommended add-on.
>
>Didn't you need to edit any makefiles/project files? I've added several source
>files to the curl build recently and the windows makefiles/project files
>aren't updated to reflect that...

No, I have not edited the makefiles yet. I wanted to clear up the zlib
question first. If zlib is not a requirement, shouldn't it have a
conditional switch so that it can be turned on only if the user has the
recommended add-on?

The alternative is to modify the docs (for win32) and specify that zlib is
a requirement and that the path to the lib should be specified by editing
the makefile. This would be similar to the ssl enabled build.

Regards,
-sm