Re: curl-7.10.6-pre4

From: Juan F. Codagnone <juam_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:43:46 -0300

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 05:12, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Juan F. Codagnone wrote:
> > The attached patch fixs some compiling issues using Makefile.vc6. (at
> > least CFG=release)
>
> Thanks!
>
> ... that builds without SSL, right? I noticed you didn't add the
> http_ntlm.c file, which has the NTLM code which depends on the presense of
> OpenSSL...

That's right, in the night i will try to get build all other configurations.

> > The project (curlib.dsp) is still broken because i don't know how to tell
> > msvc to compile a .c.cvs file.
>
> You don't. You rename the file named "*.cvs" to what it should be called,
> in this case "getdate.c.cvs" should become "getdate.c". The same operation
> can be done on the hugehelp.c.cvs file in the src/ directory.

Yes, i noticed that (see Makefile.vc6). I will try to search in the manual of
vc6 to search howto compile something with other extension than .c. (I don't
use much windows, except for compiling things from time to time)

> I also noticed that you suffered from the missing lib/ca-bundle.h file,
> which also wasn't present in CVS but is generated by the configure script
> (and a default one is generated and included when I create release
> archives). I've now added a safe default one to CVS.
>
> > Why don't you just ship getdate.c in the cvs?
>
> Because it is generated from the getdate.y file, and having generated files
> present in CVS only causes grief in the long run.

Ah, ok. I just wanted to see your opinion on this. I do this on several small
projects, without any hassle at all.

Best wishes,
        Juan.

--
Buenos Aires, Argentina                          11°C with winds at 12 km/h SW