Re: problem with curl+ipv6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:10:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, usha wrote:

> I still explore on curl (v 7.10.2)failure for ipv6 support, and I have been
> posting to this list and waiting,

There was at least one reply that identified a user error.

> Can any one reply ASAP. is there avail patch to solve this problem.

You should always start with trying out the latest version.

> ./curl ftp://fe80::230:6eff:fe48:94f1 -u root

This is not a valid ipv6 URL, so there's nothing wrong with curl being
confused with this. RFC2732 clearly defines how they work:
http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/rfc2732.txt

Now, I don't have any ipv6 ftp servers to test against, but I would imagine
that something like this might work:

        curl -g 'ftp://[::1]/'

> I ignored the following warnings during gmake:

Ouch! Can you please get the latest version and check if you can help us
remove those warnings? What operating system is this? Some kind of BSD?