SV: Curl and iChain

From: Jan Sundin <jan_at_sundin.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:14:14 +0200

curl-7.10.5
win32
openssl-0.9.7a

> > Also note that when trying to GET a document from the same
> HTTPS server i
> > don't get any response. This time it isn't an empty response, there is
> > simply no data returned - curl waits "forever" ( until it gets
> curl: (56)
> > SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 10054, which i
> > guess is some firewall cutting of a connection it belives is idle)
>
> Are you using -k or do you have a CA cert for the site?

Im using -k

> > It seems as if curl does "dislike" the HTTPS implementation of
> iChain. Has
> > anybody else experienced this problem with the iChain auth-server?
>
> Do you know any public iChain based servers I can try curl on myself?

Novell uses it at their site. The command below should emulate the behaviour
of their login-form (with an non existing username/password):

curl -k --trace-ascii out.txt -i -L -v
https://www.novell.com/ICSLogin/auth-up -d context=default -d
proxypath=reverse -d username=user -d password=pw -d message=Log -d
url=http://www.novell.com/nps/

It only returns "curl: (52) Empty reply from server"