Re: Curl and iChain

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:15:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Jan Sundin wrote:

> im trying to use curl to download a document, the document is protected by
> an iChain authentication server ( http://www.novell.com/products/ichain/ )
> which uses an FORM-based/POST HTTPS authentication mechanism.
>
> Curl connects nicely to the server and POSTs but the server does not return
> any data ("Empty reply from server").

What curl version are you using on what platform?

> Also note that when trying to GET a document from the same HTTPS server i
> don't get any response. This time it isn't an empty response, there is
> simply no data returned - curl waits "forever" ( until it gets curl: (56)
> SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 10054, which i
> guess is some firewall cutting of a connection it belives is idle)

Are you using -k or do you have a CA cert for the site?

> It seems as if curl does "dislike" the HTTPS implementation of iChain. Has
> anybody else experienced this problem with the iChain auth-server?

Do you know any public iChain based servers I can try curl on myself?

curl has recently (in the CVS version) been adjusted to be more forgiving when
talking to bad SSL protocol implementations, so it might work better now...