[ curl-Bugs-742390 ] http header and socks5

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:14:04 -0700

Bugs item #742390, was opened at 2003-05-23 08:14
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=742390&group_id=976

Category: libcurl
Group: wrong content

Initial Comment:

I am using the libcurl 7.10.3

I observed that the http GET packet is been sent with the proxy authentication header through the socks5
channel. I think the proxy username and passwd is used in the subnegotiation phase after that its not
used, its not supposed to be there in the http header while sending to the actual destination http site.

Another thing i observed is that the GET header line has the full url, this is not correct (i think ), the full url
is required only if you connect through a http proxy, but in the case of socks5 we already established a
channel to the destination http site and we can send GET packets as we are connected directly.

------
The previous socks5 fix i applied to my code base and its working fine, now subnegotiation phase is
passed ok, Thanks.
------

Regards,
Jis Joy