Re: Help!! https is giving me error 405

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 16:27:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Jon Moore wrote:

First the basics: What curl version on what operating system?

> I am, admittedly, a novice at this. I'm trying to post to an https site
> and I keep getting error 405 (Method not allowed). I have done nothing
> with certs. Do I need to?

No, not likely if you get a 405 response. If there would've been a cert
problem you would never have seen that.

> Here's what my submission looks like:
>
> curl -iv -H "Accept: text/xml" -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -d
> 'cmd_XMLMessage=....' https://xxx.xx.xx.xx

And what is it supposed to do? What exactly does the server respond?

I looks like afine line to me. I bet the Accept: header isn't really needed.