Re: --trace option

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:24:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 May 2003, David Byron wrote:

> I run curl with a certain set of options and the return code is 0, as
> expected. When I run it with --trace, different things happen. When I run
> with --trace - (so the trace output goes to stdout), everything seems fine
> -- the dump gets printed, the return code is 0, etc.
>
> When I run with --trace curl.out for example, I sometimes get a return code
> of 139 (which I can no longer reproduce), and now I get a seg fault.

I've seen this happen too with the cygwin version, but not when using curl on
any other platform/environment.

I even tried to find the reason for this problem without much success on a
debug-session on cygwin. I haven't used a cygwin machine since so I haven't
been able to pinpoint this anymore.

If anyone on cygwin feels like doing some major debugging, this is a good
start... :-)