RE: src/Makefile.vc6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:09:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 May 2003, David Byron wrote:

> > I think the developers tend to hang out more on the curl-library list.
>
> Should I have had this whole discussion on the curl-library list?

The lists clearly have overlaps so keeping it here is not bad per se, but
when talking libcurl internals and patching libcurl code, you are more likely
to reach the larger crowd of knowledgable guys on the -library list.

> I have cgywin, but I need to build a version of curl that doesn't depend on
> it, so I figured I'd use the Makefile.vc6. Maybe some folks use .NET?

I don't know what people in general prefer, but the binary windows download
offered from the curl site and mirrors is built using mingw32, which is a
free compiler that builds native windows executables.

> Anyway, here's the patch. I can't say I really like it. I couldn't find
> an nmake equivalent for MAKECMDGOALS which would have made my life easier.

Thanks! I'll apply and commit it as soon as I get a few minutes off.