--trace option

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:06:47 -0700

Sorry for all the messages today...curl is cool...I keep finding more stuff
to use it for....

I run curl with a certain set of options and the return code is 0, as
expected. When I run it with --trace, different things happen. When I run
with --trace - (so the trace output goes to stdout), everything seems fine
-- the dump gets printed, the return code is 0, etc.

When I run with --trace curl.out for example, I sometimes get a return code
of 139 (which I can no longer reproduce), and now I get a seg fault.

Here's the offending command and it's output. The server is supposed to say
OK.

$ curl --trace curl.out
"localhost/progress.asp?filename=goodfile&progress=1"
OK
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I've attached the curl.out and curl.exe.stackdump.

The trace output when I send it to stdout (curl --trace - [other opts]
>curl.stdout) is very slightly different, so I'm attaching it too. I hope
all of these attachments are OK.

$ curl --version
curl 7.10.4 (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl/7.10.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7b zlib/1.1.4

I can send the asp page if it's useful to anyone.

Just tried this with some other curl versions on my machine. With

$ ../../curl-7.10.4/src/curl.exe --version
curl 7.10.4 (win32) libcurl/7.10.4

--trace <filename>

works fine, as it does with

$ ../../curl-7.10.5/src/Release/curl.exe --version
curl 7.10.5 (win32) libcurl/7.10.5

which I'm building with the Makefile.vc6 patch I sent earlier.

I'm not sure what to do with the stackdump. I'm not sure I want to dive
into this, but maybe this is helpful to someone else? I can send more info
about my cygwin setup if anyone wants.

-DB

--
David Byron                   dbyron_at_everdream.com
Everdream                     http://www.everdream.com