cURL on HP-UX 11.00

From: <Simon.Hargrave_at_directline.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:59:18 +0000

Hi

I've downloaded and installed the HP-UX 11.00 7.9.8 binary install from
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

It all runs and works as I'd expect, however running a trace on it it
appears not to load the libssl.a library (or even attempt to load any ssl
librarys from anywhere on the server).

I'm assuming therefore that this installation has been statically linked
with the ssl routines required, and that I shouldn't be concerned but it's
not possible for it to be accessing the https site unencrypted is it?

Can anyone confirm whether this version is statically linked, and that it
is indeed downloading securely?

Cheers

Sy

---
Simon Hargrave      Simon.Hargrave_at_directline.com
UNIX Administrator  Direct Line Group IT
"The truth is out there. Anyone know the URL?"
Direct Line Group Services Limited, registered in England no.3001989, registered office 3 Edridge Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1AG. The following are also members of the Direct Line group of companies: Direct Line Insurance plc, a member of the General Insurance Standards Council and Direct Line Life Insurance Company Limited and Direct Line Unit Trusts Limited, both regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Loans, Mortgages, Credit Cards and Savings provided by Direct Line Financial Services Limited, registered in England number 2372702, registered office 3 Edridge Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1AG. All are members of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you should notify us immediately and delete it. You should not copy, print, distribute, disclose or use any part of it. We reserve the right to monitor and record all electronic communications through our networks. We cannot accept any liability for viruses transmitted via this e-mail once it has left our networks.